- Consider the 'sitting skyline.' The most important view from your deck, patio or porch is the one you see from your favorite chair.
- Would a screen or trellis shield you from an unpretty view? Adding one is an easy weekend project.
- Experiment with clusters of planters, tables and chairs to determine the layout that lets you enjoy plants close up.
- Can you arrange late-season planters for a pretty view from adjacent windows? Doing so helps you envision arrangements that will draw buyers' eyes to the patio, deck or porch from overlooking windows.
- If railings, steps or thresholds are becoming wobbly, fix them immediately.
• The vision-impaired can easily enjoy a sensory garden planted in built-ins adjacent to seating areas.
Built-in planters can simplify staging your deck or patio.
• It’s easy and quick to swap in blooming annuals so that your deck is always decorated with buyer-pleasing bouquets.
• With seasonal plants in the built-ins , you can clear away freestanding pots and accessories, making your deck or patio open and uncluttered.
• There won't be any confusion about which planters and accessories are included in the sale. Built-ins always stay.
Image courtesy of Morguefile contributor jade.