Here are the top five reasons why renters want to buy, according to a recent survey conducted by trade publisher Hanley Wood:
- 66% - would rather build equity than pay rent
- 50% - homeowner is a better long term investment
- 35% - want to own where they live
- 34% - acquire an asset they can leave to their children
- 32% - want the tax deduction
Emphasize the long-term benefits of your house – recent improvements that will minimize expenses for the forseeable future, for example, or the stable home values in your neighborhood.
Image courtesy of Morguefile contributor Taliesin.